Tracking the result of CRUD operation on the x,y-table in real time

11-18-2013 02:51 AM
AnatoliiTerentiev
Occasional Contributor III
Dear Gurus!
I have x,y table where status of the emergency situations are saving. Operators can add or modify record in the table of sql server. How I can publish service with the layer on this table so, that I can see any changes in tables in real time. May be some reference on how this problem may be solved. Can I set the time of refreshing layer? Thanks in advance!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnatoliiTerentiev
I install arcgis server 2012 with xy-tables in database "cuks". In arcgis Desktop set connection to database "cuks" under sa account. Have made geometry (loc) field in xy-table. From the context menu of the "cuks" database I create defaulte geodatabase and have
tried to register table with geometry field, but with no success - I get error.
Failed to register with the Geodatabase.
Underlying DBMS error [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0]: the metadata could not be derermined because statement 'EXEC (@ ececstring) in procedure' sp_renamed 'contains dynamic SQL. Consider using WITH RESULT SETS clause to explicitly describe the result set '

Questions:
1. Must I uninstall sql-server and install sql-server express from the arcgis installation disk
2. What I did wrong.
3. Any reference step by step installation gdb with sql-server , if possible.
0 Kudos
AnatoliiTerentiev
Thank you, I solved the problem. The problem was that I was trying to register the table which was not belong to geodatabase.
I have cloned my table from sql database to geodatabase and after that register it.
0 Kudos