Flow direction with streams is missing

11-15-2013 08:10 PM
Labels (1)
AndrewFunk
New Contributor
I have Arc Hydro 10.2 x64 tools and ArcGIS Desktop 10.2. For some reason the "flow direction with streams" tool is missing from the Terrain Processing tools list. Anyone know what to do?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
This tool has been replaced with the tool "Adjust Flow Direction in Streams", which takes as input a flow direction grid and a stream flow direction grid. This second input is created by the tool Create Drainage Line Structures.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos
AlexAbbott
New Contributor II
Christine, you may have explained this in the past, so please forgive me, but it has been years since I used this set of ArcHydro processes. Does use of the Adjust Flow Direction in Streams tool take the place of Terrain Preprocessing's DEM Reconditioning tool, or do they both need to be run to properly account for an existing stream network?
0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
You need to run both functions. DEM Reconditioning will burn in the streams into the DEM. You can then fill the resulting DEM (as needed) before created the associated Flow Direction grid.

Then running Adjust Flow Direction in Stream will ensure that once the water reaches a stream it flows downsteam along the digitized stream direction and enforces the flow splits (if any).

Christine
0 Kudos