Abishai87

Accessing and Using Data from GeoDatabase

Discussion created by Abishai87 on Nov 14, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 by Abishai87
I am using ArcGIS 10.1 and am trying to find the best way to access and manipulate the data in a fairly large Geodatabase (~2 Gb). The database contains parcel information by county for over 9 million parcels. What I'd like to do is determine the average of one particular attribute (year built) for each county within the database. I've tried to export the database and use Matlab or Access, but I can't seem to find a solution that works. I've exported to a dbf, but I have Access 2013, which no longer supports importing dbf. I've also exported to xml, but the resulting file is over 16 Gb, and not really usable. I'm not sure whether it would be easiest to just try to work with the data within ArcGis, possibly using Python (which I'll admit I'm not an expert at by any means), or continue to try to find a way to export to some other software for the data manipulation.
Ultimately, my goal is to take the averaged data for each county, add it to the attributes table of a state counties shapefile, and generate a map colorcoded by the average value.
Any thoughts?
I greatly appreciate any consideration.

David R.

Outcomes