FeatureLayer.AddAttachment broken in 10.2

11-14-2013 03:41 PM
Labels (1)
RyanCooney
New Contributor III
FeatureLayer.AddAttachment(...) seems to be broken as of the 10.2 release. You can see in Fiddler that the POST happens, but the content of the stream/file is not sent. It works as expected with the 10.1 version of the SDK.

--Ryan
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Sorry - this is a known issue in the 10.2 release - we are currently working on a fix which will be released as part of the Toolkit source code on GitHub: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-sl-wpf.

The fix will then be included in the next release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
RyanCooney
New Contributor III
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a couple follow-up questions:

1. Can you confirm if the Toolkit fix you mentioned will be a change to the AttachmentEditor control so that it just implements its own upload, rather than using the FeatureLayer.AddAttachment method?

2. Can you provide any sort of timeline for a fix to the FeatureLayer.AddAttachment method?

Thank you,

--Ryan
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

1. Can you confirm if the Toolkit fix you mentioned will be a change to the AttachmentEditor control so that it just implements its own upload, rather than using the FeatureLayer.AddAttachment method?

Unfortunately I can't provide specific implementation details at this time.

1. Can you provide any sort of timeline for a fix to the FeatureLayer.AddAttachment method?

We should be able to make this available in the next few weeks, hopefully sooner.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
RyanCooney
New Contributor III
Thank you!

--Ryan
0 Kudos
RyanCooney
New Contributor III
Hi Mike,
Just looking to see if there is an update on this. Thanks,

--Ryan
0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Hi Ryan,

I added a GitHub branch with the code source of a work around to the Add Attachment WPF10.2 issue.

Let me know if you run into any issue with it.
0 Kudos
NaomichiKUWAHARA
Esri Contributor
This issue is seems to be related to the NIM063669.
NIM063669: Corruption in the multi-byte file name while downloading it with Attachment Editor in Silverlight API.

In Silverlight API ver3.2, this error occurs with IE & Firefox, Chrome.
0 Kudos