Viewing an online map beyond subscribed users.

Jump to solution
11-14-2013 07:46 AM
VincentAntil
New Contributor
We have an account with 5 user subscriptions.
I've created a map on ArcGIS Online which I'd like to have more than 5 people be able to view.
When I send the URL of the map to someone to view it, they get the login screen, which makes me think they need to be a subscribed user.
What would be the simpest way to allow for more than the 5 subscribers to view this map ?
Is there a way within ArcGIS Online ? 
Should I make it a Comunity Map ? 
Should I embed it within a web page on our own site ?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Vincent,

if you make the map public everyone can see it. Make sure you use the link in your share button and not the actual map link you see in your address bar, because that bar starts with yourorganizationname.maps.arcgis.com which can only be accessed by your organizational accounts.
You need the link that starts with http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap , which you can find when clicking on "Share" when your map is opened.

Hope this helps!

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Vincent,

if you make the map public everyone can see it. Make sure you use the link in your share button and not the actual map link you see in your address bar, because that bar starts with yourorganizationname.maps.arcgis.com which can only be accessed by your organizational accounts.
You need the link that starts with http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap , which you can find when clicking on "Share" when your map is opened.

Hope this helps!

Tim
0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor
Vincent,

If you allow anonymous access to your organization, the URL should be accessible to everyone.

My Organization > Edit Settings > Security > Allow anonymous access to your organization.

- Daniel
0 Kudos
VincentAntil
New Contributor
Of course !  Don't know how I missed that. 
Thanks for the reply.

Vin
0 Kudos