Joining raster data layers in model builder

11-12-2013 02:00 AM
JasmineRhoades
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm attempting to automate a process of joining the attribute tables of two raster data layers within model builder. I'm not too sure which functions to use - 'Join' and similar functions don't seem to work as they only seem to accept shapefiles as inputs. I'm using ArcMap 10. (Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum - wasn't too sure what it would class as!) Any  ideas?

Many thanks,
Jazz
0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Jasmine,

Have you tried using the "Combine (Spatial Analyst)" tool?

Kind regards,

Xander
0 Kudos
DianeMcConnaughey
Occasional Contributor
I am combing multiple rasters and having problems joining stand-alone tables to get the descriptive attributes.   I have separated this into several models because two of the input GRIds and stand-alone tables change with each run, and there 7 runs.   Setting these up as parameters that I could change just did not work.  In model builder, it does not "see" the field in the combined rasters until it has run and made the combined raster.  The attributes show as Band1-bandx.  Even though some of the attributes will be the same, when the model is run on another set, it flags it as an error when I enter the expected attribute.  What an I doing wrong?  I Guess I could create a model that combines the rasters, then a second model that joins the attributes.
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I am combing multiple rasters and having problems joining stand-alone tables to get the descriptive attributes.   I have separated this into several models because two of the input GRIds and stand-alone tables change with each run, and there 7 runs.   Setting these up as parameters that I could change just did not work.  In model builder, it does not "see" the field in the combined rasters until it has run and made the combined raster.  The attributes show as Band1-bandx.  Even though some of the attributes will be the same, when the model is run on another set, it flags it as an error when I enter the expected attribute.  What an I doing wrong?  I Guess I could create a model that combines the rasters, then a second model that joins the attributes.

In situations where ModelBuilder validation gets in the way, an approach to use is to write a little Python function that will do the task and put it inside the Calculate Value tool code block. Of course this involves some knowledge of Python.
0 Kudos