OfflineRoutingSample

Jump to solution
11-10-2013 01:59 AM
c_f_ong
New Contributor III
Hello

I've been exploring the OfflineRoutingSample that uses the 'RuntimeSanFrancisco.geodatabase' file and files in the 'RuntimeSanFrancisco.tn' folder. Is there any help/documentation to show how these files can be generated from sources created with ArcGIS Desktop such as '.gdb' or '.mdb' that contains the network dataset and associated features?

Thanks.

Rgds
Ong CF
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III
As I understand it the only way to make a .geodatabase file right now is to create one by checking out an ArcGIS Server feature service on the device.  In the near future you will be able to generate a .geodatabase file in ArcGIS Desktop and then manually move it to an iOS device using iTunes file sharing.

At least - this is how I interpret the process based on ESRI's documentation.

The .geodatabase file is a SQLite database with a little ESRI special sauce, so you can probably crack it open by changing the extension and opening in any SQLite viewer.

-Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III
As I understand it the only way to make a .geodatabase file right now is to create one by checking out an ArcGIS Server feature service on the device.  In the near future you will be able to generate a .geodatabase file in ArcGIS Desktop and then manually move it to an iOS device using iTunes file sharing.

At least - this is how I interpret the process based on ESRI's documentation.

The .geodatabase file is a SQLite database with a little ESRI special sauce, so you can probably crack it open by changing the extension and opening in any SQLite viewer.

-Mike
0 Kudos
c_f_ong
New Contributor III
Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply. In that case, I've to wait until the next version of ArcGIS Desktop that can generate .geodatabase files for use in my own offline routing app.

Rgds
Ong CF
0 Kudos