My ArcGIS Server is not accessible any more

11-07-2013 07:49 AM
KevinKimm
New Contributor II
Suddenly since this morning I can't connect to my ArcGIS Server. First http://localhost:6080/arcgis/rest/services shows the following error message

"Code:500, ArcGIS Server Site is not configured. Check with your ArcGIS Server administrator for resolution; an ArcGIS Server site is created or machines are added to an existing site using ArcGIS Server Manager., Cannot connect to this server."

And when I try to log into the ArcGIS Server Manager page, it just hangs forever.

Any ideas to fix this problem ??? Up until this morning my ArcGIS Server has been running fine. Nothing changed in my server. I use just a single server for the ArcGIS site. I would appreciate any helps.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
The forum post by christopher fricke might help you.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Kevin:

Is your ArcGIS Server software on a Windows machine?  Does this machine get automatic Windows updates?  If so, this could be changing your server setup which could be causing these problems?  Not a likely answer, just something to look into if the previous post does not solve your problem.
0 Kudos
KevinKimm
New Contributor II
The forum post by christopher fricke might help you.

Thanks for the link. I reviewed all the postings thoroughly and understood security part of ArcGIS Server and fixed my problem. In case  there may be other GIS users experiencing the similar problems, here are what I did to solve this problem.

1. Logged into arcgis/admin page. Click security - config - updateIdentityStore
2. I changed "type": "WINDOWS" to "type": "BUILTIN" and click Update button below
3. Once I do this, I was able to log in web manager. In web manager, I clicked Security - Configuration Settings - select Users and roles from an existing enterprise system (LDAP or Windows Domain) option. Click next - select Windows Domain - type in a role account and password. click Next.

That's it. This solved my problem. What I learned from this is that I have to use an account which password never change. If I use an account which password can change in the future, it can mess up the whole ArcGIS Server site.
0 Kudos