how to use app from AGOL without having to sign in.

11-07-2013 04:41 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III
I was wondering how you go about using a web app downloaded from AGOL without having to sign in to your AGOL acct when the app is launched from our Web server. I downloaded the two pane template app from AGOL after I created and shared a map in AGOL. I understand how to open the index.html and put in my "appid" or "mapid". But when I go to open the app it asked for my AGOL. We like the style of the two pane app for this particular map that we want to share with people inside our organization. We just don't want them to have to enter another password username because they already have to do that with other items. We already have a few flex apps that I have built and am aware of those. But we like the two pane look.

So I guess my question is will having a proxy url allow our users to open the app without being asked to sign into AGOL.

I kind of rambled and hope what I am asking makes sense
Erik
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor
Erik,

It sounds like either the application or the services in the application are secured. If these are hosted services, I would make sure they're shared with everyone and not just the organization. In regards to the security of the application, I'm assuming you have an IIS web server in which case you can go into IIS manager and check what type of authentication is being required for the app; you'd want to set that to anonymous authentication. 

If the log in prompt is for ArcGIS Online specifically, I'd guess that your services aren't shared with everyone, you may also want to verify that anonymous access to your organization is allowed under Edit Settings > Security.

Hope this helps,

- Daniel
0 Kudos