Cannot install Operations Dashboard

11-06-2013 07:15 PM
JasonZou
Occasional Contributor III
I have previously installed Operations Dashboard successfully on my Windows 7 32-bit machine (which means I have .NET 4.5 Framework installed). I have also successfully created couple of views until it keeps crashing whenever I tried to open existing views or creating new views. I thought I might have messed up the Operations Board, and decided to uninstall it and perform a reinstall.

However, when I tried to reinstall, I got the below error: Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor. Clicking Details... to get the below log report:

Any help will be highly appreciated.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
 Windows    : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
 Common Language Runtime  : 4.0.30319.18052
 System.Deployment.dll   : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
 clr.dll    : 4.0.30319.18052 built by: FX45RTMGDR
 dfdll.dll    : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
 dfshim.dll    : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
 Deployment url   : file:///C:/Users/Zhijun/Downloads/OperationsDashboard(1).application
 Deployment Provider url  : http://www.arcgis.com/opsdashboard/OperationsDashboard.application
      Server  : ArcGISOnline
 Application url   : http://static.arcgis.com/opsdashboard/OperationsDashboard.exe.manifest
      Server  : ArcGISOnline

IDENTITIES
 Deployment Identity  : Operations Dashboard.app, Version=10.1.1.142, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f464941b06bea132, processorArchitecture=msil
 Application Identity  : Operations Dashboard.exe, Version=10.1.1.142, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f464941b06bea132, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
 * Installable application.
 * Trust url parameter is set.
ERROR SUMMARY
 Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
 * Activation of C:\Users\Zhijun\Downloads\OperationsDashboard(1).application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
  + Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed. To install this application, either modify the manifest version for this application or uninstall the preexisting application.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
 No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
 There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
 * [11/6/2013 10:51:51 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Zhijun\Downloads\OperationsDashboard(1).application has started.
 * [11/6/2013 10:51:52 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
 * [11/6/2013 10:51:52 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
 * [11/6/2013 10:51:52 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
 * [11/6/2013 10:52:01 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
 * [11/6/2013 10:52:01 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
 * [11/6/2013 10:52:25 PM] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.
 * [11/6/2013 10:52:25 PM] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
 Following errors were detected during this operation.
 * [11/6/2013 10:52:25 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Subscription)
  - Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed. To install this application, either modify the manifest version for this application or uninstall the preexisting application.
  - Source: System.Deployment
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckApplicationPayload(CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
   at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
 No transaction information is available.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Jason,

You can try to uninstall Operations Dashboard before you re-install it from arcgis.com (instead of re-installing the application directly on top of the existing one). If that was what you did and you still saw the problem, please delete the content under the C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 folder before you reinstall.

There is a related post which you might find helpful: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/95714-Urgent....I-can-t-open-the-map-in-Operation-dashboard!

Please let me know if that helps,

Tif
JasonZou
Tif, thank you very much for the tip. Removing the content under C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 folder does the trick. I do recommend ESRI put this tip down to the online document.
0 Kudos
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Jason,

Good to know that it works, but sorry I didn't make it clear in the last comment that the content under your 2.0 folder might also have other applications that are deployed by the ClickOnce technology. Therefore, please be careful when you clear the content under the folder, and try not to remove files that are not Operations Dashboard related.

Thanks,

Tif
0 Kudos
JasonZou
Oops...I have already removed all the contents under the 2.0 folder. It seems not clear which contents are related to Operations Dashboard though. Thanks anyway for the reminder. It will be nice if the uninstall can and should do these things for us.

Jason
0 Kudos