Embed email in Polling Place Splash Screen

Jump to solution
11-05-2013 05:34 AM
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to embed an email link in the Splash screen of the Polling places app to where when you click on it, it will open up a new email screen.

The splash screen is located in a javascript page, but looks like it is using html tags in the text. I tried just using basic link tag for html, but broke the page.

Can anyone help me out?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
regular HTML tags are supported for the text you pass to SplashScreenMessage in the config.js.

SplashScreenMessage: "<b>Election Polling Places</b> <br/> <hr/> <br/> The <b>Election Polling Places</b> application helps citizens locate their election polling place, <a href='mailto:someone@example.com'>comment</a> on the conditions at the polling place, and obtain information about current elected officials. To locate a polling place, simply click on the map or enter an address in the search box.  The polling place and respective voting precinct will then be highlighted on the map and information about the polling place and elected officials displayed in two tabs along the bottom of the map.<br/><br/>",

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
regular HTML tags are supported for the text you pass to SplashScreenMessage in the config.js.

SplashScreenMessage: "<b>Election Polling Places</b> <br/> <hr/> <br/> The <b>Election Polling Places</b> application helps citizens locate their election polling place, <a href='mailto:someone@example.com'>comment</a> on the conditions at the polling place, and obtain information about current elected officials. To locate a polling place, simply click on the map or enter an address in the search box.  The polling place and respective voting precinct will then be highlighted on the map and information about the polling place and elected officials displayed in two tabs along the bottom of the map.<br/><br/>",
0 Kudos
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor
That did it. Could have swore I tried that tage, but it didn't work.

Thanks!
0 Kudos