geohaskett

Problems transferring feature class from FGDB to IBM DB2 SDE database.

Discussion created by geohaskett on Oct 31, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 by vangelo-esristaff
Hello,

We are using IBM DB2 9.8 with ArcGIS for Server 10.1.

We recently copied our test DB2 database to a new server and reconnected to the newer version. I can copy and paste tables without any issues, however when I try to either copy and paste a feature class to the database in question, I receive the following error:

[INDENT] Error exporting data.
Underlying DBMS error
DBMS table not found [[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT64] SQL0204N
"SDE.GCCSV" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704::42S02][/INDENT]

Likewise when I copy a table to the database in question, create an event layer w/n ArcMap and then try to export it as a feature class into the newly created database, I get the same error. Note that the Data Transfer window does not indicate any issues.

When I try the Feature Class to Feature Class tool, it runs for approx. 2 seconds and errors out. The Geoprocessing results indicate that there was an "Underlying DBMS Error" and give an error code of 210. The definition of the code states the following three potential issues:

[INDENT] Data locking, incorrect path, and limited access rights[/INDENT]

As far as I can tell I haven't done anything that should have created schema locks, the path is correct and our IT claims that the rights are set up properly.  Having said that, enterprise GIS is new to our IT section and we are still experimenting with it.

Is it possible that the user account is not set up the same on the new server as it was on the older one or is it not possible to create a feature class w/n a file geodatabase and transfer it to a IBM DB2 SDE database?  Any pointers?

Also, we have already spatially enabled the SDE db and used the Enable Enterprise GeoDB tool on it.

Thanks,

Outcomes