geohaskett

Not able to copy/paste feature class to IBM DB2 Enterprise DB

Discussion created by geohaskett on Oct 30, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 by vangelo-esristaff
Hello,

We recently copied our test DB2 database to a new server and reconnected to the newer version.  I can copy and paste tables without any issues, however when I try to either copy and paste a feature class to the database in question, I receive the following error: 

Error exporting data.
Underlying DBMS error
DBMS table not found [[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT64] SQL0204N
"SDE.GCCSV" is an undefined name.  SQLSTATE=42704::42S02]

Likewise when I copy a table to the database in question, create an event layer w/n ArcMap and then try to export it as a feature class into the newly created database, I get the same error.  Note that the Data Transfer window does not indicate any issues.

When I try the Feature Class to Feature Class tool, it runs for approx. 2 seconds and errors out.  The Geoprocessing results indicate that there was an "Underlying DBMS Error" and give an error code of 210.  The definition of the code states the following three potential issues:

Data locking, incorrect path, and limited access rights

I've checked and there are no schema locks on the data, the path is correct and our IT claims that the rights are set up properly.

Having said that, the enterprise GIS is new to them and we are still experimenting with it.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,

Outcomes