Urban3i

X Coordinate is 237 instead of -122

Discussion created by Urban3i on Oct 30, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 by vangelo-esristaff
Hi all,

I added a feature using REST API and its X coordinates were -122 (on WGS84 WCS)
When querying an SDE View I got the wrong coordinates: all of which started with 237 instead of -122.
When querying an SDE Table (getting the same feature as before) I got the correct coordinates

Does anyone encountered something like that before?

More Info:
- I use an SQL Server and SDE. One of the databases has a GIS table for holding polygons and a view on that table.
- I use an MXD file which reference both the layer and the view from the database.
- The MXD is exposed as a map service on ArcGIS Server
- The feature is saved and queried using the REST API of the Map service
- The added a polygon is:  [{"geometry":{"rings":[[[-122.47737141643897,37.765334903758941],[-122.47496767522469,37.734304789901792],[-122.49397908301042,37.733430702187505],[-122.4963828242247,37.76424229411608],[-122.47737141643897,37.765334903758941]]]},"attributes":{"ID":"123"}}].
- The queried feature (showing the bug) is:
{ "objectIdFieldName" : "ObjectId",
  "globalIdFieldName" : "",
  "geometryType" : "esriGeometryPolygon",
  "spatialReference" : {"wkid" : 4326},
  "fields" : [],
  "features" : [
    {
      "geometry" : {
        "rings" : [
          [
            [237.52262858400013, 37.765334904000042],
            [237.5250323250001, 37.734304790000067],
            [237.50602091700011, 37.733430702000078],
            [237.50361717600003,  37.764242294000042],
            [237.52262858400013, 37.765334904000042]
          ]
        ]
      },
      "attributes" : {}}]}



Thanks,
Erez

Outcomes