Calculate Z-Scores for an Area of Polygons from a Single Polygon

10-28-2013 10:24 AM
ColleenStrawhacker
New Contributor
Hi all,

I originally posted this in spatial statistics, but as I'm doing more reading, I'm wondering if the Geostatistical Analyst might be a better way to approach this:

I am trying to do spatial autocorrelation of sorts based on a raster of mean rainfall data. I want to see how rainfall deviates from a certain point on the landscape (or calculate z-scores from a single pixel on the raster). Essentially, I want to see how far someone would need to go in order to find another polygon of rainfall that is anticorrelated to the polygon they live in.

I have converted this raster of mean rainfall to an area of polygons in order to try doing one of the methods of spatial autocorrelation, but it appears all of the methods I have tried calculates z-scores based on the mean of the ENTIRE area of polygons, not the single polygon that I want to calculate the correlation from.

Do you have any ideas on how to best do this? Is spatial autocorrelation not the best route and are there other spatial statistics that I may want to pursue? Or is there a way to fiddle with the settings on spatial autocorrelation to ensure it is calculate the Zscore from a single point?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Colleen
0 Kudos
0 Replies