cant find directory with the new sdk4

07-04-2010 11:56 PM
binyamintrachtman
New Contributor
help as long i used the old xcode sdk the ags api worked fine but since i insatled the new iphone sdk 4 i get the next warning and like 54 errors (its the same using the samples given)

ld: warning: directory '/Users/tehilamac2/Desktop/GovMap/../../../../../../../SDKs/AGSiPhone/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib' following -L not found
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TobyReinicke
New Contributor II
I have / had the same problem. I went through the tutorial of how to add the dependencies in this document
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/iPhone/concepts/index.html#/Creating_a_New_Xcode_Pr...

But now I get 16 error messages, most of which are things like:
/Users/<USER>/Library/SDKs/AGSiPhone/iphonesimulator.sdk/usr/local/include/AGSiPhone.h:22:19: error: AGSGPS.h: No such file or directory

And errors on most lines which have imports (for example:)

#import "AGSCallout.h"
#import "AGSGPS.h"

#import "AGSLayerView.h"
#import "AGSMapView.h"

#import "AGSDynamicLayerView.h"
#import "AGSTiledLayerView.h"

all end up with errors, saying the file cannot be found.

Anyone got any ideas? Is this an iOS4 problem or something different? (I am using the new sdk from apple)...

Ramo
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Please make sure build configuration settings are as following,

Library Search Paths:
$(HOME)/Library/SDKs/AGSiPhone/${PLATFORM_NAME}.sdk/usr/local/lib
$(HOME)/Library/SDKs/AGSCore/${PLATFORM_NAME}.sdk/usr/local/lib

User Header Search Paths:
$(HOME)/Library/SDKs/AGSCore/${PLATFORM_NAME}.sdk/usr/local/include
$(HOME)/Library/SDKs/AGSiPhone/${PLATFORM_NAME}.sdk/usr/local/include
Note: Make sure that the recursive check box is checked!

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
PatrickMaltagliati
New Contributor
I installed the arcGIS sdk and installed it. However I cant find any of the files or directories that the summery field of the installer specified. Any idea where I can find them?
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
The SDK content get installed at,

ArcGIS Library: $(HOME)/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS
Samples: $(HOME)/Library/SDKs/Samples
Uninstall Script: $(HOME)/Library/Application Support/AGSiPhoneSDK.

The summary page of installer will be updated. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
This page still has incorrect information regarding the user header search paths and library search paths.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/iPhone/concepts/index.html#/Creating_a_New_Xcode_Pr...
0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Really? I can't seem to find anything wrong.
Can you point me to the exact locations where you're seeing the incorrect paths?
0 Kudos
BrianKrzys
New Contributor III
Just a FYI that I screwed around with this a fair bit as well, upgrading a beta project to the 1.0 version of the API, and I think what finally fixed the problem was to set the paths right, save the project, and restart XCode.

Brian.
0 Kudos