Confused about accessing our Entitlement Credits for ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
10-25-2013 05:42 AM
JohnHangen
New Contributor II
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to create an ArcGIS Online account that utilizes our software license credits as outlined in this recent ESRI blurb:

ArcGIS Online Access
To ensure that ArcGIS for Desktop users have access to ArcGIS Online capabilities, Esri entitles every customer organization that has ArcGIS for Desktop (Basic, Standard, or Advanced) to receive an ArcGIS Online subscription. The number of named users will be equal to the total number of ArcGIS for Desktop licenses current on maintenance. This will enable users to easily get started with ArcGIS Online. It will also give access to all Esri apps???such as Esri Maps for Office, Collector for ArcGIS, and Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS???as well as numerous app templates hosted in ArcGIS Online. Esri will notify ArcGIS for Desktop customers about the details of this new entitlement in the coming weeks.

I created a AGIS Online account using the Customer Care portal back in the early summer.   Since that time, I've gotten messages that the evaluation account is expiring, and there's a link that takes me to a webpage to purchase credits.    I don't understand how I activate our license-based credits so the account continues to work and not expire.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnHangen
New Contributor II
John,

did ESRI support contact your organization to talk about setting up your "free" accounts that comes with your ArcGIS Desktop licenses?
That's what happened in our organization.

Tim

No - never been contacted that I know of.   We're small fish, so maybe they're working thier way down the line.    I'll touch base with our CSR and see what he says.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
John,

did ESRI support contact your organization to talk about setting up your "free" accounts that comes with your ArcGIS Desktop licenses?

Tim
0 Kudos
JohnHangen
New Contributor II
John,

Tim

No - never been contacted that I know of.   We're small fish, so maybe they're working thier way down the line.    I'll touch base with our CSR and see what he says.

Thank you!
0 Kudos