Unable to resolve target 'android-10'

10-24-2013 10:17 AM
KeithWeber
New Contributor III
I just finished installing eclipse, android SDK, etc. following the directions in the ArcGIS tutorial.  Everything went smoothly until I tried to make my first project.  I think this might all be due to the "package name" when creating a new project.  What is supposed to be used here?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KeithWeber
New Contributor III
I just loaded the sample "hello world" and it too came back with the same error message.  Unable to resolve target 'android-10'.
0 Kudos
ThomasBinu
New Contributor III
Right click the project->Properties->Android. In the project build target dialog, select the latest android SDK(4.3). In the AndroidManifest.xml file, the minimum, sdk version is set to 10(Android gingerbread 2.3). Make sure the 2.3 sdk is downloaded from the android sdk manager.
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
The Hello World sample depends on Android Build Target 10 API level 2.3.3.  Please ensure that you have the platform installed.  You can refer to this document to add platforms and packages to your Android SDK.
0 Kudos
TimWilliams
New Contributor II
I had the "Unable to resolve target" error along with other random errors.
I fixed it by making the target match the installed platform.
In windows explorer I went to the SDK/platforms directory. In it was a folder named android-19. This indicated I had the android-19 platform installed. I then edited AndroidManifest.xml and project.properties to set the target to android-19.
All errors went away.
0 Kudos
TimWilliams
New Contributor II
Correction: android-19 is the API level not the platform.
I made the target match the API.
0 Kudos