Unable to delete feature service from My Content in ArcGIS Online (404 error)

10-17-2013 02:17 PM
SageWall
New Contributor III
I am unable to delete two feature services from my content on ArcGIS Online.  If I click on the delete button nothing happens, no error or anything displays it just never finishes.  If I look at the item details the feature service I get an invalid URL error.  If I try to add the data to an online map I get an error that says the layer cannot be added to the map.  I can recreate the two feature services but I really would like to delete these broken ones from the my content section of ArcGIS online.  Any ideas?

Broken URLs:
http://services1.arcgis.com/kl2GDQGD7Il9fuUc/arcgis/rest/services/LocationTracking/FeatureServer
http://services1.arcgis.com/kl2GDQGD7Il9fuUc/arcgis/rest/services/SagePlaces/FeatureServer

Thanks,
Sage
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SageWall
New Contributor III
I tried again to delete these two problem feature services this morning and it didn't work until I created a new feature service in my account.  After I did that I was able to delete the two problem services.  I don't know why I had to create a new feature service before it would let me delete the two problem ones, but the problem is resolved now.

Sage
0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III
This issue used to happen if you changed the item's owner.  I'm not sure if that was ever fixed but it was one way in which a service would lock up.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Sage,

I'd suggest you log a call to tech support to see if we can reproduce the problem...

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
deleted-user-eecV1RPyUfl1
Occasional Contributor
Old thread but current problem.  I updated a parcel feature service and now cannot delete the old service from my content.  There are no spaces in the service name as had previously caused issues.  The DELETE button is grayed out and unavailable.  I'm running ArcGIS 10.1 due to issues with SDE databases in SQL Server 2005.  Thanks for any assistance.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-eecV1RPyUfl1
Occasional Contributor
Update, my bad.. checked the boxes that prevent accidental deletion. Worked perfectly!
0 Kudos