More License Questions...

10-17-2013 11:39 AM
Labels (1)
JoeMadrigal
New Contributor III
Can't seem to find the answers in the forums and under help:

1. If I buy a deployment pack of 25 (in which I did), does the Local Runtime License Viewer app always only generate one license string for all 25 deployments?  This is what looks like happens.  If so, I suppose it is on the honor system you don't distribute your app more than 25 times.

2. If I buy a deployment pack for one of our customers and another for another customer, how do you get the Local Runtime License Viewer to generate the correct code for the specific license?

3. Will ESRI ever let me buy just one deployment license?  This may be the deciding factor for a small project and I'm deciding between ESRI WPF runtime vs. another mapping API/control that has similiar functionality.

4. When a new version of ArcGIS runtime comes out, can I use the new version with my current license or will I have to buy a whole new deployment pack again?

Thanks,
Joe
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III

1. Will ESRI ever let me buy just one deployment license?  This may be the deciding factor for a small project and I'm deciding between ESRI WPF runtime vs. another mapping API/control that has similiar functionality.

Hi!!

sorry to ask, but which another mapping API/control designed for WPF are available to use?

Thanks for your answer
0 Kudos
JoeMadrigal
New Contributor III
Hi!!

sorry to ask, but which another mapping API/control designed for WPF are available to use?

Thanks for your answer

I guess ESRI doesn't monitor these forums.  I'll call them directly.

To answer you question above, here are a few that I know of:

1. Infragistics WPF controls has a map control

2. Bing Maps API using WPF

3. Telerik has RadControls for WPF

4. DevExpress wpf controls

0 Kudos
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III
thanks!!!!!
0 Kudos