LumenRT Rendering

10-17-2013 11:07 AM
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi!

I would like to use the LumenRT to render my models, but the plug-in does not work,

Any ideas how to import this plug-in into CityEngine?

I went to "Scripts" and "Add Script" to import "LoadVOB"<-- one of the python scripts, I checked all of them- none of them works...

Lukasz
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidBurdick
New Contributor II
Hi!

I would like to use the LumenRT to render my models, but the plug-in does not work,

Any ideas how to import this plug-in into CityEngine?

I went to "Scripts" and "Add Script" to import "LoadVOB"<-- one of the python scripts, I checked all of them- none of them works...

Lukasz

Hi Lukasz,

You must use the LumenRT GeoDesign plugin with CityEngine in order to export into LumenRT.  The GeoDesign plugin is an added option for LumenRT that installs workspace project folders into your CityEngine workspace.  When installed, you run the script "LumenRTExport.py" which exports the CityEngine scene and any LumenRT content into LumenRT.

You can get the plugin here:

http://www.lumenrt.com/purchase/
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Thank you!!

Just one more question, do I have to purchase it first in order to get that plug-in?

I have a LumenRT Demo for now, just to test it out

Lukasz
0 Kudos
DavidBurdick
New Contributor II
Lukaszczar
Thank you!!

Just one more question, do I have to purchase it first in order to get that plug-in?

I have a LumenRT Demo for now, just to test it out

Hi Lukasz,

There is no demo or trial version of the LumenRT GeoDesign Plugin -- sorry.  The GeoDesin plugin is a $195 add on for LumenRT.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
@ Lukasz :

Maybe ask Dave for academic pricing for your university .. 😉
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
@ Lukasz :

Maybe ask Dave for academic pricing for your university .. 😉

Dave? what you think? 🙂

I just wanted to test it out, I guess we would purchase it, but.... I need to check it first

Lukasz
0 Kudos
ziadfilfili
New Contributor II
Hi,

I started on lumenrt recently. i was trying to make pretty much everything in my scene animated while exporting from city engine.
i got the trees to work out, now i have cool slow animation on them which is great.
But the vehicles are giving me hard time. I am using LUMENRT modern streets rule but i have problems such as:

First, why the vehicles can't go in a circular or curve road ? Is there any script i can add ?
Second, they don't follow the road network, or should i say they don't drive between the lanes 🙂 Same as when vehicles animation starts they keep going straight and pass/cross through different lanes and hits the buildings and they keep going etc...
Third, If i have cross sections will i be able to make the cars stop and the follow a certain direction ?

Kindly find attached image to following problems i am currently facing...[ATTACH=CONFIG]28594[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Dave,

Question, Do I need to buy LumenRt + Cityengine plugin ? or just the plugin to render?

Lukasz
0 Kudos