GeoEvent processor installation help

10-09-2013 12:44 PM
yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III
Hi! I am trying to install the GeoEvent processor 10.2 in windows 2012 server. I already set up the GIS server and it working fine. But when i tried to install the GeoEvent processor it asked me to put a password for the administrator user and i can't change the user, I put the password for the administrator server machine but it show me invalid password. I am sure it's the right password, and i already used when i installed the GIS server and work fine. but with GeoEvent the password not working at all. I try to re install the gis server but the problem still not solve.

Am really stuck here and really need help! any idea?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
You would not normally need to do this, but to convince myself that I do indeed have the correct username and password for the ArcGIS Server windows service I have gone so far as to stop the AGS service, edit the service"?s properties to change the "?Log On"? to an invalid password, verify that the service will not start, then restore the "?Log On"? properties to what I believe the username and password ought to be and verify that I can restart the ArcGIS Server service.

Once I have verified that I have the correct username and password, I"?ve always been able to authenticate as part of the GeoEvent Processor installation wizard. My own experience and that of folks I"?ve helped is normally that we think we have the correct password when in fact we don"?t.

Is the user running your ArcGIS Server windows service a local user (default is "?arcgis"?)?
Does the local user"?s password have any special characters:  < > / : ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( )  ?
0 Kudos
yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III
You would not normally need to do this, but to convince myself that I do indeed have the correct username and password for the ArcGIS Server windows service I have gone so far as to stop the AGS service, edit the service�??s properties to change the �??Log On�?? to an invalid password, verify that the service will not start, then restore the �??Log On�?? properties to what I believe the username and password ought to be and verify that I can restart the ArcGIS Server service.

Once I have verified that I have the correct username and password, I�??ve always been able to authenticate as part of the GeoEvent Processor installation wizard. My own experience and that of folks I�??ve helped is normally that we think we have the correct password when in fact we don�??t.

Is the user running your ArcGIS Server windows service a local user (default is �??arcgis�??)?
Does the local user�??s password have any special characters:  < > / : ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( )  ?

no we change the user to administrator and the password is contain '_'
one thing when i tried to install the GeoEvent processor, It show me the user administrator and i can't change it. but the same password is not working
0 Kudos
yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III
This problem really drive me crazy. I tried everything; I uninstall everything but still i got the invalid password. I even remove the server machine and create a new one but i still got the same issue. I will attach a picture where am stuck. if you see that the username contain .\ which might cause the issue but the problem i can't modify it. Any help please? i might think the issue for windows server 2012 because we run it in windows server 2008 and no issue at all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28250[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Referring to your screenshot, the username discovered by the GEP installer, arcgis, does not contain .\

The .\arcgis you see in the dialog indicates that the user arcgis is a local user, not a domain or AD user (e.g. MyDomain\user1234).

I have worked to recreate your issue, using a local user arcgis on Windows 2012, installing ArcGIS Server 10.2 and the 10.2 release of GEP. I made sure that the local user"?s password included an "?_"? character. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue.

The GEP installer is discovering the user configured to run the "?ArcGIS Server"? service. GEP will create and configure its service ("?ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor"?) to run using the same account. That is why you are unable to change the username from within the GEP installation wizard; you must authenticate by providing the discovered user"?s password and allow GEP to create and configure the Windows service used to run the GEP product. The two Windows system services are run using the same operating system account as part of the prerequisite that GEP is run as an extension to ArcGIS Server.

At this point your best option is to open an incident with Esri Technical Support. They have the ability to remotely view your system and work with you to resolve the product installation issue.

Best Regards -
RJ
0 Kudos
Erwinvan_der_Bij
New Contributor II
Referring to your screenshot, the username discovered by the GEP installer, arcgis, does not contain .\

The .\arcgis you see in the dialog indicates that the user arcgis is a local user, not a domain or AD user (e.g. MyDomain\user1234).

I have worked to recreate your issue, using a local user arcgis on Windows 2012, installing ArcGIS Server 10.2 and the 10.2 release of GEP. I made sure that the local user�??s password included an �??_�?? character. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue.

The GEP installer is discovering the user configured to run the �??ArcGIS Server�?? service. GEP will create and configure its service (�??ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor�??) to run using the same account. That is why you are unable to change the username from within the GEP installation wizard; you must authenticate by providing the discovered user�??s password and allow GEP to create and configure the Windows service used to run the GEP product. The two Windows system services are run using the same operating system account as part of the prerequisite that GEP is run as an extension to ArcGIS Server.

At this point your best option is to open an incident with Esri Technical Support. They have the ability to remotely view your system and work with you to resolve the product installation issue.

Best Regards -
RJ

I've the same problem. Is there a known solution to this problem?
0 Kudos
KarenClark
New Contributor
The first time you start the GeoEvent Processor Manager the default username will be "arcgis" and password will be "manager" (Even though you may have used your Server Manager password during the GeoEvent Processor install.) You can change the username and/or password in the security section once you have logged on using the default credentials.
JonSatchwell
New Contributor II
Hi,

Try enabling the following Windows services.  We had the same issue trying to stand up a test environment on Windows 2012 Server.  enabling these services got it working.

TCP/IP (most likely it is this one)
Server
Workstation.

hope that helps.
Regards,
Jon
0 Kudos
MarkNorbury
Esri Contributor

I had the same problem.  I checked the password against the ArcGIS for Server Windows service, as described by R J Sunderman, and it was correct.  I had the IT Dept change the password to a more simple one, but that didn't help either.  I asked them to give me admin rights and full permission to the c:\windows\temp folder, but these didn't help either.  Nothing I did would get me past the login screen in GeoEvent: it would keep telling me the password was wrong.  In the end what I did was run the ArcGIS for Server post installation again "Configure ArcGIS Server Account" using the option to save the passwords and other info out to an XML file.  Then I ran the GeoEvent installation again and instead of attempting to type in the password, I selected this XML file.  This time it worked!  I am running ArcGIS for Server 10.4.1 and GeoEvent 10.4.1.  Thinking about it, the issue may be related to not having an SSL certificate correctly installed.

0 Kudos