Federating Portal to ArcGIS Server

Jump to solution
10-08-2013 12:35 PM
JacobBoyle
Occasional Contributor III
I have a Portal setup with the subdomain /portal.  I have an ArcGIS sever setup on another Web Adapter on the same server with the subdomain /AGS.  when I federate the servers from within my internal network (IE server.internaldomain.com) I can get both machines to federate without issue.

When I try to do the same thing from the outside URL (IE gis.MYCOMPANY.com) the 2 machines will not federate.  We are using a NAT forwarding to the Web Adapter Server on 443 only for security reasons. 

when I run Fiddler, I am seeing a 403 error.  I don't see any requests being made in fiddler over HTTP so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JacobBoyle

yeah, it turned out that it wanted the HTTP connection to the server, not the HTTPS one.  It automatically switched to HTTPS once we federated though, so it's been all good since we made this change.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Hi Jacob,

If you can, please contact Esri support or your distributor (if you're outside the U.S.) to help you troubleshoot this.

-Kim
0 Kudos
JacobBoyle
Hi Jacob,

If you can, please contact Esri support or your distributor (if you're outside the U.S.) to help you troubleshoot this.

-Kim

we're working through it now with Esri Tech support, thanks though!!
0 Kudos
PF1
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jacob - Were you able to get past this issue?  If so, do you remember what the resolution was? We seem to be experiencing a similar issue when trying to upgrade from 10.2.1 to 10.2.2.  Our ArcGIS Server is federated and designated as a hosting server in 10.2.1 just fine, but we seem to be having upgrade issues.  Thanks for any info if you have it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle

yeah, it turned out that it wanted the HTTP connection to the server, not the HTTPS one.  It automatically switched to HTTPS once we federated though, so it's been all good since we made this change.

0 Kudos
PF1
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the response Jacob.  Our symptoms were very similar (if not the same).  We finally found our issue and I posted a thread here in case someone stumbles across the issue we had. 

0 Kudos