gsimpson4

Extending esri/dijit/Popup

Discussion created by gsimpson4 on Oct 4, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2013 by gsimpson4
I'm looking to extend Popup to handle my custom results.  The results are not in the format expected by the Popup so the Popup will error out when I try to use them.  I've been playing around a little bit with this and can get fairly close except there are a lot of methods on popup that still error out.  It is very difficult for me to just overwrite these methods because I like the functionality of the Popup which is why I want to extend it.  This was supposed to save me a lot of time by not having to write my own, but it doesn't look that way now.  Anyway, the main idea is for the new Popup to behave exactly as the original, only it can accept a different type of results for .setFeatures().  I could pull all of the functionality I need out and just use .show() and .setContent() but I really like the paging controls, etc and so was hoping to use those.  My results are actually an array of objects from a database query.  Each record has a "features" property that contains the features associated with it.  I do it this way because one record can have multiple features and I want to step through the records, not the features.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Here's an example of what my results look like:

[
  {id:1,
    field1:"somevalue",
    field2:"somevalue2",
    features:[
        {id:1,geometry:{}},
        {id:2,geometry:{}}
    ]
   }
]