How to create a UniqueID field together with ICOUNT- Space Time Analysis

10-03-2013 10:20 PM
ThivankaSiriperera
New Contributor II
In the below video

What's New in Spatial Statistics: Space-Time Cluster Analysis

at minutes 6.33 where it is shown how the spatial weights matrix is generated for time window, when the UniqueID is selected an ICOUNT field is also visible.

My problem is once I integrate my data and collect the events the only selectable field is only ICOUNT.

Please help me to create an associating UniqueID while having the relationships to the time fields in my original point incidents.

Many Thanks
Thivanka
11 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
In the below video

What's New in Spatial Statistics: Space-Time Cluster Analysis

at minutes 6.33 where it is shown how the spatial weights matrix is generated for time window, when the UniqueID is selected an ICOUNT field is also visible.

My problem is once I integrate my data and collect the events the only selectable field is only ICOUNT.

Please help me to create an associating UniqueID while having the relationships to the time fields in my original point incidents.

Many Thanks
Thivanka

Hi Thivanka,

In the video Lauren is using a field called "UniqID". This is a custom field she created. The point is that the field needs to be integer and normally an ID field like ObjectID is of type Long. You can create the integer field yourself and set it equal to the ObjectID, if the ID's are in the integer range...

Kind regards,

Xander
0 Kudos
ThivankaSiriperera
New Contributor II
Hi Xander

Thanks for your feed back. Yes I realised the necessity for a uniqueID but to perform the hotspot (getis-ord) it requires a count field. According to Lauren first the incident points have to be integrated and then have to be collected. But once these transformations have been done the time field of the original incidents are by default removed.

when I create a spatial weights matrix using the original incidence which have the time field and later add a uniqueID to it I still find hard how to create a hotspot for temporal data without a count field

I have attached an Image to show the problem I am facing hope you can please help me in this matter[ATTACH=CONFIG]28054[/ATTACH]

Many Thanks
Thivanka
0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Xander

Thanks for your feed back. Yes I realised the necessity for a uniqueID but to perform the hotspot (getis-ord) it requires a count field. According to Lauren first the incident points have to be integrated and then have to be collected. But once these transformations have been done the time field of the original incidents are by default removed.

when I create a spatial weights matrix using the original incidence which have the time field and later add a uniqueID to it I still find hard how to create a hotspot for temporal data without a count field

I have attached an Image to show the problem I am facing hope you can please help me in this matter[ATTACH=CONFIG]28054[/ATTACH]

Many Thanks
Thivanka

Hi Thivanka,

If I look at image with the dialog for the 'Hot Spot Analysis (Getis-Ord Gi*)' calculation and the listbox for the Input Field that remains empty, I think this is caused due to not having a numeric field in your featureclass 'conftimetestsl_CopyFeatures_1'. In the Help the description is:

The numeric field (number of  victims, crime rate, test scores, and so on) to be evaluated.

If you don't have this field (since each record is a single incident) you could create this field by adding a numeric field and fill it with the value 1.

Not sure if that's the answer you're looking for...

Kind regards,

Xander Bakker
0 Kudos
JohnSteinbeck
New Contributor
I too am having this problem. If the ICOUNT field has records of say 15 different incidents, each having thier own distinct times per just one FID, then how can I add a time field per each FID if the times are variable in the ICOUNT field? Since you group collected events, you now have several records in the ICount field. I can't just pull over my time field becuase if I select an FID with multiple wieghted Icount's each of the records in the ICount field has its own distinct time.

Say I had 50,000 records and then I integer and then collect events. Now I have 7,000 FID's in the new shapefile. The records are all there, they are just weighted in the ICOUNT field. Problem is to do the temporal analysis, how do you add in the time field for each of these weighted records, when the original time field would have 50,000 records per the 50,000 FID's, not the new 7,000 FID's.

I would really like to do a temporal analysis in Arcglobe of my dataset, but creating the unique ID with the time field is holding me up.
0 Kudos
fdsffdsf
New Contributor
have this problem been solved, here is what i find on the web for this problem:
http://www.likelyanswer.com/4445635/How-To-Create-A-Uniqueid-Field-Together-With-Icount--Space-Time-...
hope it helps you

New Contributor III

Lauren used a tool called Temporal Collect Events which basically works like Collect Events. The TCE tool only groups events that are close in space if these occur on the same datum. Then you get an ICOUNT field and you can still use a space-time gi* approach.

The tool was made available online but do not find it anymore. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
PhilipGlasner1
New Contributor III

FINALLY found the tool. The Temporal Collect Event tool is part of Esri's ARC3 training course (version 2.0 of the course).

0 Kudos
origudes
New Contributor II

Can you share a link?

0 Kudos
PhilipGlasner1
New Contributor III

https://community.esri.com/inbox?objectType=2&objectID=83145

but as you already found out, I think Lauren forgot to place the attachment

0 Kudos