Best Practice for Integrating Hundreds of Photos into Web Map Pop-ups

Jump to solution
09-30-2013 12:51 PM
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III
For my web map application, I'm creating a map of old properties so I have hundreds of photos of houses that I need URL's for so I can integrate them into my customized pop-ups. I'm currently compiling a CSV with an IMG_URL column among other attributes of interest I require.

Has anyone found a more streamlined approach for batch creating Image URL's and then populating the accompanying CSV table? This is the process I'm currently doing...

Upload images to flicker > Individually extract Image source url from code > copy and paste each URL into appropriate CSV spreadsheet record.....SO TIME CONSUMING.

Alternatives? Or am I going to have to strap in for a ton of plug and chug data input?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Upload images to flicker > Individually extract Image source url from code > copy and paste each URL into appropriate CSV spreadsheet record.....SO TIME CONSUMING.

Here's a tip that might help you since you have your photos stored in Flickr. You can use the Map Tour Builder to create a layer in your map:
http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2013/08/14/adding-geotagged-photos-to-your-web-map/

This, unfortunately, will peg out at 100 photos. But it will get you started. You can then open the web map in ArcGIS Desktop and export the layer table as a text file. Repeat as needed for every batch of 100, then munch them together in Excel.

I know it's an odd workflow, but it may work out for you...

Bern

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Here's a tip that might help you since you have your photos stored in Flickr. You can use the Map Tour Builder to create a layer in your map:
http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2013/08/14/adding-geotagged-photos-to-your-web-map/

This, unfortunately, will peg out at 100 photos. But it will get you started. You can then open the web map in ArcGIS Desktop and export the layer table as a text file. Repeat as needed for every batch of 100, then munch them together in Excel.

I know it's an odd workflow, but it may work out for you...

Bern
0 Kudos
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III
Thanks for the work around!
0 Kudos