ArcGIS SERVER 10.2  Installation Training Classes

Jump to solution
09-27-2013 01:50 PM
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,
   We just migrated from Server 10.0 to Server 10.1 (Advanced version SDE SQL 2008 R2). We are going to go ahead and migrate to Server 10.2.
Which online class do you recommend since we are already on 10.1?
Migrating to ArcGIS 10.2 for Server
http://training.esri.com/gateway/index.cfm?fa=catalog.courseDetail&CourseID=50130703_10.x

OR
ArcGIS for Server: Site Configuration and Administration 10.2
http://training.esri.com/gateway/index.cfm?fa=catalog.courseDetail&CourseID=50131096_10.x

It looks like from the class description that the Migrating class is mostly for installations currently on 9.3. Since we have already learned about and use the Web Adaptor, would it be better to take the Site Config and Admin class? My last class was on 9.3.
Thanks,
Janie
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Janie,

FYI, this ArcUser technical article provides a good overview of the new ArcGIS for Server architecture at 10.1 and 10.2:

ArcGIS for Server 101

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
I would definitely recommend going ArcGIS for Server: Site Configuration and Administration 10.2, since in Migrating to ArcGIS 10.2 for Server there is too much specific information for 10.0 (SOM, SOC, etc) which are not relevant for you any longer since you have already obtained hands-on experience with 10.1 architecture. However, there is no architectural difference between 10.1 and 10.2, so you should also consider if you really need to go this course 🙂

ArcGIS for Server: Site Configuration and Administration in general gives you anyway a good understanding of the 10.1/10.2 architecture, so worth going through the materials.
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Janie,

FYI, this ArcUser technical article provides a good overview of the new ArcGIS for Server architecture at 10.1 and 10.2:

ArcGIS for Server 101

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Derek,
    This article is the best I have read on getting the overall picture of how all the ArcGIS platform components fit together. This is definitely a must read. Thanks for suggesting it to me!
Janie
0 Kudos