Security

Jump to solution
09-25-2013 06:48 PM
TateM
by
New Contributor III
Hello Everyone,

please bare with me as I am still rather new at this.  My question is can you set security on feature class level in a published service?  Lets say I have 20 features/layer that I just published into a service.  Using ArcGIS Server manager to set security on who can see the published service, but then I want to take another step further by setting which user gets to see which feature class/layer.  Is this possible with out of the box functionality? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using ArcGIS for Server 10.1, with Flex Viewer.

Thanks,
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Tate,

... can you set security on feature class level in a published service? Lets say I have 20 features/layer that I just published into a service. Using ArcGIS Server manager to set security on who can see the published service, but then I want to take another step further by setting which user gets to see which feature class/layer. Is this possible with out of the box functionality?

The functionality you're asking for is not available in ArcGIS for Server. As a workaround, you could publish each individual feature layer as its own map service, then set security/access permissions on each service.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Tate,

... can you set security on feature class level in a published service? Lets say I have 20 features/layer that I just published into a service. Using ArcGIS Server manager to set security on who can see the published service, but then I want to take another step further by setting which user gets to see which feature class/layer. Is this possible with out of the box functionality?

The functionality you're asking for is not available in ArcGIS for Server. As a workaround, you could publish each individual feature layer as its own map service, then set security/access permissions on each service.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
TateM
by
New Contributor III
Thanks Derek!
0 Kudos