how do i get feature services to be editable on AGO

09-24-2013 10:02 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III
Hello everybody. So I published a feature service of our "operational layers" these layers are the ones that get edited on a daily basis. When I create a map with our AGO acct. and add my feature service I get a message saying that the "layers are on a internal network and can't be accessed by Arcgis.com and that the editing feature will be turned off"

My question is if arcgis.com can't access my layers why then does the service still get added to the map and show up fine. It seems to me that if it can access our server to display the service it should be able to allow editing. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
Erik
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Erik:

Is there any chance your layers appear in the app from another source such as ESRI basemaps?  I ask because my organization submitted GIS layers to ESRI to add to the public basemap layer (e.g. Parcels, Roads, Contours), so if I loaded in my specific layers as well as the ESRI basemap and my layers did not load it would still appear as though my layers are in the map.
0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III
Mike
I am pretty sure that the layers showing up (i.e. my hydrants, valves, manholes etc) are hitting my server. Because when they are added to the map I click on description for each layer in the service it tells me that they are hitting the url to our server that I published to.
0 Kudos
WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

Hi Erik,

Were you able to determine the cause of Internal network error problem? Did you have to make your server public facing and be outside of the firewall?

Thanks

0 Kudos