ArcHydro 10.1 Installation Problem.

09-24-2013 07:31 AM
Labels (1)
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III
Hi,
I m trying to install Archydro V-10.1 after uninstalling V-9.3, But it is giving Error "Setup has detected a previous version of ArcHydro tools Installed on the system"
   I have uninstalled previous version and all registry files from my laptop..Kindly tell me wht should I do..
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
M.Irfan,

Log on to the Esri Water Resources secure ftp site and download the ApRegWork folder. Run the ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.exe uninstaller with defaults, it will clean up any residuals in the Windows registry and GAC.

Stuart
0 Kudos
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III
thnx but I have failed to get "ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.exe".
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
M.Irfan

thnx but I have failed to get "ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.exe".

Sorry, what issue are you having in downloading the ApRegWork folder with executables?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27942[/ATTACH]

Secure ftp to the Esri Water Resources download site. Revised log-in details here.

Change directory --> Incomming --> ApRegWork and download contents of directory.  Run ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.exe from downloaded location.

Stuart
0 Kudos
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III
Got Apregwork but it is unable to remove Archydro Registry files from my laptop.. 😞
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
M.Irfan,

You can try the product code as I've listed in this thread.  But the ApRegWork utility really should be able to clean any residual Windows registry items.

Post back with more details about your system and the errors you receive when attempting to install v10.1 ArcHydro

Stuart
0 Kudos
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III
I m getting this error..
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
M.Irfan,

Do you have a version of HEC GeoHMS installed? Or a 3rd Party installation of ArcHydro--Aquaveo's perhaps?

Stuart
0 Kudos
MuhammadIrfan1
New Contributor III
I have removed all ArcGIS related applications.. now I m trying to install Archydro as a testing..but facing the problem as I have mentioned above..
0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
If you are still getting a message stating that the Arc Hydro Tools are already installed, but you do not see them in the Add/Remove Programs window and the Arc Hydro directory has been removed, you need to manually delete the Arc Hydro installation key in your registry as follows:

1. Click Start and type regedit in the Run window. Browse to the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\Applications\WaterUtilities\ArcHydro
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\Applications\WaterUtilities\ArcHydro

2. Right-click this key and select Delete.

The Arc Hydro tools are installed by default under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\WaterUtils\ArcHydro
Or
C:\Program Files\ESRI\WaterUtils\ArcHydro.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos