Any issues with iOS 7 yet?

09-19-2013 02:03 PM
DirkVandervoort
Occasional Contributor II
I have one.

I've compiled and run in an iPad simulator.

When I try to debug/run it on a device (iPad 4) with iOS 7, I get informed that:

No architectures to compile for (ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES, active arch=armv7s, VALID_ARCHS=armv7).

I haven't dug in yet. Nonetheless, anyone else seeing issues? Post up!

EDIT: I set Build Active Architecture Only to No and the application launched on the device. This exposed issues with some plists I use though. Digging in...
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickJones
Occasional Contributor II
I believe we're supposed to remove the armv7s tag from that setting.
0 Kudos
ChrisMahlke
New Contributor II
Update: I followed vandervoort advice to set Build Active Architecture Only to No and it compiles.

I followed Esri's "Getting started with the SDK" and "Adding a map to your app," and I get errors when I compile.  I also downloaded the sample code from "Adding a map to your app" and I get errors (see below).

I've attached the errors/build settings screenshots.

Running

OS X (10.8.5)
XCode (5.0)
iOS 7
ArcGIS SDK (10.1.1)

Error
No architectures to compile for (ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES, active arch=armv7s, VALID_ARCHS=armv7)

Did I properly remove the armv7s?  It does not show up in the "Valid Architectures" but does show up in the "Architectures."
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Please make sure the Build Active Architecture Only is set to NO for project AND target build settings. Also, make sure is set to NO for both 'Debug' and 'Release'. In your screenshot it's YES for Debug.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
ChrisMahlke
New Contributor II
Thanks Nimesh.  Is this somewhere in the doc, or on Esri's website?  I am unable to find it.
0 Kudos
MarkusUntera
New Contributor
Hi,
I found that callout maxWidth is not working in iOS7. I compile my app with XCode 4.6.3, because I still need iOS6 support. In IOS6 simulator it's fine, but in iOS7 device callout is sometimes larger than screen and pointing to wrong place (when panning it goes to right place, but still off the screen).

Markus
0 Kudos