Advanced Block Subdivision

Jump to solution
09-13-2013 07:26 AM
ChristopherZoog
New Contributor II
Hi All,

I have a question about block sub-division (regardless of type).  Is it possible to specify different minimum lot widths within the same block?  If I created a rule to generate a triangular (MIN, MAX, MODE) value for minimum lot width, could city engine feed this data to the minimum lot width value within the same dynamic block?

I am working on an Urban planning project that is using a Smart Code, typically lot width are specified as a min and max, and I like to skew the one way or the other with an average value.  Using just a lot min width, does not yield the best result, especially when using Skeletal subdivision.

On the surface, the answer looks like NO, but I'd love to hear if anyone has done this.

Thanks!

Chris
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

yep, the answer is no, but what you could try is the following :

Just subdivide the block with an other street and set that street's width and sidewalk widths to 0. you'll get a red dashed line since the street shapes of this segment cannot be created. But this'll give you more control. Of course, each of those blocks could have mapped subdivision params too.

ok ?

😮

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Just subdivide the block with an other street and set that street's width and sidewalk widths to 0. you'll get a red dashed line since the street shapes of this segment cannot be created. But this'll give you more control. Of course, each of those blocks could have mapped subdivision params too.

ok ?

😮
0 Kudos
ChristopherZoog
New Contributor II
Hi,

ok ?

😮

Thanks Matthias, looks like that will work for now!
0 Kudos