BASIC VIEWER NOT WORKING IN IE9

09-12-2013 12:20 PM
JuneAcosta
Occasional Contributor III
I have a hosted version of the basic viewer. I just noticed today that is not working on a version of IE 9. I have IE 9 on my amazon instance it loads fine, but we seem to have issues with newer updates versions of IE 9.

"The error is SCRIPT 5009: 'dojo' is undefined"  on line 1 of layout.js

Has anyone run into this issue?  We are getting ready to push out IE 9 within the next few weeks. Can you help?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
June,

Can you provide the version number of IE 9 you are using when you see problems with the app?

Thanks
Kelly
0 Kudos
JuneAcosta
Kelly,

The map is not working with these IE Versions:

Version 9.0.8112.16421
Update Version 9.0.20 (KB2870699)

Version 9.0.8112.16421
Update Version 9.0.18(KB2846071)

As I mentioned, it does work on IE9 on my Amazon instance:

Version: 9.0.8112.16421
Update Version 9.0.14 (KB2809289)
0 Kudos
JuneAcosta
Kelly,

We think it might just be an IE security issue. We have been troubleshooting and we got it to work with various IE security setting changes. Now we are trying to narrow it down to figure out what change is actually needed. Ill keep you posted.

June
0 Kudos
JuneAcosta
Kelly,

we cant figure out the issue... we thought it might be an IE security settings, but we have 2 IE 9 installs, same builds, but the map breaks on one of the machines. Could you give some guidance on how else to troubleshoot this issue?

thanks
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
One thing that would be worth checking is if the working and non-working versions of IE are both running the app in the same document mode. Perhaps the version of IE that is breaking is using a different mode than the one that works? Details on the Document Mode can be found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff405803%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

You can use the IE 9 developer tools to check which mode you are running in.
0 Kudos
JuneAcosta
Kelly,

I looked at the IE modes on both machines and they are the same. While searching the forum I found this thread http://maps.peterborough.ca/culture/publicart/where someone else was having an issue with IE. The odd thing is that this Peterborough tour map runs fine on our test PC, the same pc that fails to run my tour map. Maybe its a security issue with accessing the basemaps from arcgisonline or from our Amazon instance where I am hosting this map. Do you have any thoughts or ideas on this? My next step is to meet with our security/network team- hoping they know exactly what the issue is! Ill keep the forum posted once I find the resolution.
0 Kudos