LocalServer is not responding...

Jump to solution
09-09-2013 01:28 PM
Labels (1)
michelegiorgianni
New Contributor III
Let me preface this with the fact that I'm a project manger, not a developer. So I'm the tester/user/manager for the Runtime application project.  I've recently gotten a laptop and am opening a Runtime (10.1 WPF) application that has been working all along on my previous computer. I'm now getting this error upon opening the app: "The LocalServer is not responding to requests and may have crashed. See the inner exception for details."

It opens fine on my colleague's desktop computer.  Ideas?  Don't even know where to start on this.  Pretty sure it's not a developer issue, but a computer issue.

thanks
Michele
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michelegiorgianni
New Contributor III
Nevermind!!! Figured it out.

IT had set up a custom LocalHost in my laptop's configuration that pointed to another machine for LocalHost because we sometimes use that other LocalHost set up for staging files for a website.  Once I removed that alternate LocalHost pointer the application opened again. So rule of thumb is to not have any custom LocalHost set ups on the deployment machines.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
michelegiorgianni
New Contributor III
Nevermind!!! Figured it out.

IT had set up a custom LocalHost in my laptop's configuration that pointed to another machine for LocalHost because we sometimes use that other LocalHost set up for staging files for a website.  Once I removed that alternate LocalHost pointer the application opened again. So rule of thumb is to not have any custom LocalHost set ups on the deployment machines.
0 Kudos