merge the ???two CGA rules??? into one, in order generate and façade buildings together

09-08-2013 02:35 AM
larryzhang1
New Contributor III
Hi, Mat,

Need your quick help on CGA.

How to combine/merge the following ???two CGA rules??? into one, in order to easily extrude tens of buildings (20~85 m) and façade nicely, at same time?

Two rules are referred to ???GIS-Driven Buildings.cga??? (from ???Philadelphia???) and ???façade_04.cga??? (from the Tutorial ???Façade Modeling???).

[INDENT]Ideally, when all buildings extruded by the new rule (including ???GIS-Driven Buildings.cga???) into 3D, the rule also can ???dynamically??? façade all faces of those buildings (similar to front side by ???façade_04.cga???), which is based on many of the texture assets under the folder ???\assets\facades\???. 

Currently, ???GIS-Driven Buildings.cga??? is using ???random facade texturing??? via single photo asset, so that its outcomes are not nice, for urban model.[/INDENT]

Frustrated on their ombination for a while, and still not be able to get it done properly.

Wondering if you can spend a little time to modify/merge two codes ???

Many thanks in advance,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

But you are aware of the 'import' function of CGA ?

Check the CGA reference on importing rules ..

Let me know if this helps !

m.
0 Kudos
larryzhang1
New Contributor III

But you are aware of the 'import' function of CGA ?

Successfully imported, but the imported CGA not functional at all. Any example available?

+++++++

Most likely, two CGA codes should be merged (not imported) and then re-coded to meet the needs.

Wondering if you can spend a little time to merge /modify two codes? Really need your hands-on assistance.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

I'm currently really busy, so I can't really spend a lot of time for each thread on the forum. Sorry.

Not all rules were originally written to be compatible with each other. That means a bit of recoding / attr renaming and such stuff will be needed.

Honestly, I usually hate digging into somebody else's code, thus I usually start fresh.

But maybe you find other facade rules in an other example, which are better working out for you.

Let me know if this helped a bit..
0 Kudos