Cannot connect to Port 6080

09-04-2013 07:23 AM
JessicaLott
New Contributor III
I was upgrading from ArcGIS 10.1 to 10.2. When I did this, my computer was no longer able to connect to port 6080. My firewall is turned off and I used netstat to find that the port is not even listening. I set up a VM with a Windows 7 OS on it and was able to get to the Server Manager with no problem. As of right now I think that Windows 8 on my local machine may be the issue, but ESRI claims that 10.2 should work with Windows 8. Any help would be appreciated. The only error I am receiving is "Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:6080." I get a similar message in all other browsers as well.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Yes, it works. Instead of localhost, try the FQDN. example: http://mycomputer.esri.com:6080/arcgis
0 Kudos
MarkSteele2
New Contributor II
Jessica,

Were you able to figure this out?  I am having the same problem after updating to 10.2.  My server is a Window Server 2008 R2 machine.

Any help you can offer would be a huge help.

Mark Steele
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Turn off Windows Firewall.

Or

Create an inbound rule to accept connections on port 6080 for your arc gis server machine.
0 Kudos
MarkSteele2
New Contributor II
The firewall was off.  However, I did finally get it to work.

The issue seemed to be a registry key/item left over from the 10.1 install.  I did a complete uninstall off all ESRI products on that machine using Soft Organizer Software, re installed and everything took off as it should.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Excellent. I've seen issues with the upgrade, now I just uninstall 10.1 then install 10.2 Less problems.
0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
This is the key, you need to open an inbound port on the ArcGIS Server for port 6080. How to do this is described at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc947814(v=ws.10).aspx.

Rich
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Richard is right, then in Firewall add Inbound and outbound rules for it
0 Kudos