Creating map and opening personal account

09-03-2013 07:18 AM
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
I am doign some testing and running into frustrating results.

I tried to create a new map in a personal account. 
I add the base map and then a bunch of my own map services.
I save.

I can open this map EVERY time using my iPAD with ArcGIS Online app.
Cannot get it to work on a Samsung Note 10.1 with the ArcGIS online app.  wont open it.
I am also trying to open is via ArcGIS Explorer online.  But with mixed results.  I try on my local computer and it works fine.  I then try on one of the field laptops and it does not draw my Map services.  I opened ArcGIS online and login and messed around with stuff and finally got it to work on the laptop but then my desktop will not draw the Map Services...
But all the time it works great on the iPAD

I am most concern with the Laptops...why is it drawing the Map Services one time and then not another?

Can I have more than one user login into a Personal account?

Any ideas whats going on?  PC locking or holding the personal account via ArcGIS Explorer?  something else?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you share the URL to your map services? These services are externally visible, right? What version of ArcGIS Server are you running?

As far as a personal account, it's meant for one user only.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
I always login with the same user name and password but have tried to user a couple different users with validating against the Map Service (which is password protected). 
Running server 10.1
Confused why they wont draw on my Personal computer or the laptop but will draw on the iPAD.  Has to be something with trying a different user to validate the Map Service?????
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
try and login with my PC and get "Unable to retrieve map contents.  PLease refresh the page to try again"
but then I can go the iPAD and open it fine.?????

I should be able to create a few accounts from my PC and give user name and password, then a few different users open their respective map right?  I mean I should not have to create the map from the specific computer I am going to run it on right?
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Steps

• I created a new Global Account

• Go to ArcGIS online and create a new Map

• Add my Services and choose aerial as Basemap

• I save

• I go back to "My Context"

• For the newly created map I choose "open in ArcGIS online Map Viewer"

• It loaded and asks me for the secure login and then opens the layers.

• I go back to "My Content" and choose "Open in ArcGIS explorer Online"

• it opens BUT NOT services are drawn

• I go to my IpAD and open the same map on ArcGIS online app and it asks me for credentials and opens fine.

What am I doing wrong?

• I log off and then log back in

• I go to MY Content  again and choose "Open with ArcGIS online map viewer"

• I enter my credentials for secured services and nothing shows up.

• If I add another Service then they show up again but disappear next time to enter.

ugggggggggggggggggggggggg...Please help...what am I doing wrong
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Is there something I can check?  I cant give out the password for my services...

If I open the project with ArcGIS.com Map Viewer and change the Basemap it then draws my map service layers...very strange
But still cannot get anything to draw in ArcGIS explorer....DOSENT even ask me for my credentials to view the secured services.
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Anyone?  cant get this to be viewed in ArcGIS explorer online either
but works fine in the iPAd.??????
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
We need a reproducible case. There could be a bug that is specific to your configuration. Perhaps you can publish a test service and create a dummy username/password for us to test against. You can sent a private message for this. Alternatively, you could contact Esri technical support and have them help troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos