Token invalid after overwriting existing service

08-27-2013 05:31 PM
KathyHenderson
New Contributor
Hi,

I am using ArcGIS server 10.1 (no SP1) on an Amazon Ec2 instance with Windows 2008 R2 with no Web Adaptor.  I am using ArcGIS server based token security with security applied at the server folder level.  The users are stored in the ArcGIS built in store.  I have a Flex application running under IIS on the same server with signed SSL certificates for both the Web App and ArcGIS server, with SSL enabled on both.  The Web app uses a .NET proxy page so all tokens are generated on the server, for 1 year using the Request IP.

All this works fine until a map service is overwritten from a remote workstation.  Then the token appears to become invalid and I have to generate a new one.  

Does anyone know how overwriting a service could invalidate a security token?  I do this with other servers all the time and have no issue.  The only difference here is that we do not have an arcmap licence on this server so we have to publish remotely instead of logging into the server and doing it locally.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
Are you sure it is the token becoming invalid that is causing the issue? Publishing remotely properly to Amazon EC2 is no easy feat depending on how the network infrastructure is set up. Just making sure you're chasing up the right tree, is all.
0 Kudos
KathyHenderson
New Contributor
Good point GISDev01, the token is becomming invalid but I am not sure why.  The publishing itself is working, so my web app can access the services no problem, after we overwrite the service, then the call to the service returns:

{"error":{"code":498,"message":"Invalid Token","details":[]}}

If I go in and regenerate the token and upfate my proxy.config, it all works again.  I have been having some problems with this Amazon instance randomly failing status checks.  When I generate the token I use Request IP while logged into the server.  Should I be using the IP address of the load balancer?
0 Kudos
KathyHenderson
New Contributor
one more piece of informaion, the client was finally able to publish a service that did not invalidate the token.  I think the issue only happens after they get a publishing error.  We have been getting this error when publishing:
packaging succeeded but publishing failed.  Expected to find, comma, colon or start of Array: state: Empty; buffer:

We are trying to use the save as file definition to get around it but have not been able to publish that layer yet, I think it relates to a single complex polygon layer.
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/63120-Publishing-error...looking-for-thoughts-suggestions

Thanks, any thoughts are appreciated.
0 Kudos