Setting Metadata for a Geoprocessing Service Task

08-22-2013 11:58 AM
AndrewSchumpert
New Contributor II
For ArcGIS Server 10.1 sp1 on Windows

I'm having trouble setting the all of the available metadata for a GeoProcessing service task.  I want to emphasize that I'm referring to the task that is run within a GP service, rather than the GP service as a whole. 

For a GP Service task, the available metadata are Summary, Usage, Parameter Explanations, Code Samples, Tags, Credits, and Use Limitations.  During the process of publishing a GP service in ArcDesktop, I can provide metadata for the Task Summary, and parameter explanations, but that seems to be it.   I cannot find a way to provide metadata for the task Usage, Tags, Credits, or Use Limitations (even with digging into the arcgissystem folders or editing the service via REST API).

Once the service has been published, ArcCatalog does not provide a way to edit the GP Task metadata description (as there is no edit button when looking at the task).

Is there a way to provide this metadata?

Again, I'm not talking about the GP service as a whole, as I am able to edit all of the metadata for the overall service using ArcCatalog.  It's the particular task that seems to lack full metadata editing.

I've reviewed the documentation for "Documenting geoprocessing services and task" ( http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Documenting_geoprocessing_services_and_tas... ), but doesn't help.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
0 Replies