Help Me Understan ArcGis

08-22-2013 07:17 AM
vinayb
by
New Contributor III
HI All,

We want to use ArcGis in our application.We have some requirement where when user selects country the country should be highligthed.I should be able to display popup.I feel this could be done using ArcGis provided there are services available.

I am not finding a service which suits my requirement.I just need service which will give me country name (2 letter), that is I should be able identify a country by using 2 letter world ex UK united Kingdom.When i click on country i shoud be able to get the country name clicked , also i should be able to select or highlight a country programmitically , something like dojo.byId('us) then i will get the country object or any other object then highlight it.

Is this service available , if not is there an alternative.Can i develop my own rest service where i can fill this functionalities.

I have complete licence of Arcgis .ie Desktop and server.

Please help me on this.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
first, you'll need to find some appropriate data and publish a service in ArcGIS Server similar to this one.  afterward you can either work with QueryTask or a FeatureLayer to interact with the service from a JavaScript application.
0 Kudos