Mobile Sample Fail

08-19-2013 10:52 AM
DouglasBraeckel
New Contributor III
Does anyone else have problems with the Mobile Template sample at the following URL?

http://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/samples/mobile_template/index.html

I noticed back in 3.3 that if you click About, rotate the screen, go back to the map and rotate the screen a couple of times, the map will resize itself into nothing. 

I brought this up with ESRI Support, even filed a bug about it and was told it was "a priority item to solved right away". Here we are at 3.6 and it doesn't appear to me that anything has changed. Is it just my iPad and half a dozen Android sample devices doing this?

Thanks,

Doug
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Doug, thanks for pointing this out.  We're looking into the issue and will get back to you.  Have you experienced this issue using the samples from Dojo Mobile?
0 Kudos
MatthewLofgren
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone else have problems with the Mobile Template sample at the following URL?

http://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/samples/mobile_template/index.html

I noticed back in 3.3 that if you click About, rotate the screen, go back to the map and rotate the screen a couple of times, the map will resize itself into nothing. 

I brought this up with ESRI Support, even filed a bug about it and was told it was "a priority item to solved right away". Here we are at 3.6 and it doesn't appear to me that anything has changed. Is it just my iPad and half a dozen Android sample devices doing this?

Thanks,

Doug

This was brought up a couple months ago. But when creating the map, set autoResize to false.
Then only call map.resize() when inside the map view.

map = new esri.Map("mapPane", {
   autoResize : false,

dojo.connect(map, "onLoad", function () {
  dojo.connect(window, 'onresize', function() {         // prevent map from resizing in non map view. This would error otherwise
   if (currentView == "mapView")
   { 
    map.resize();
    map.reposition();
   }
  });
}); 
0 Kudos
DouglasBraeckel
New Contributor III
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't seen any issues like this in Dojo, and it appears to affect only the map control.  I will add the autosize=false as mentioned in post 3 to the ESRI sample and see what happens with that. 

Has something fundamentally changed since 3.2?  Best as I can tell, it appears to plague 3.3+.

Thanks again,

Doug

Hi Doug, thanks for pointing this out.  We're looking into the issue and will get back to you.  Have you experienced this issue using the samples from Dojo Mobile?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't seen any issues like this in Dojo, and it appears to affect only the map control.  I will add the autosize=false as mentioned in post 3 to the ESRI sample and see what happens with that. 

Has something fundamentally changed since 3.2?  Best as I can tell, it appears to plague 3.3+.

Thanks again,

Doug

Hey Doug, as matt2222 mentioned, setting the autoResize to false will prevent the map from resizing into nothing.
0 Kudos