jsn

does not show map  with  <form id="form1" runat="server">

Discussion created by jsn on Aug 19, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 by brassier
hi all

I downloaded a javascipt sample, opened it with .Net and imported the index file inside a Defaultaspx page

when I open the default.aspx page it fails to show the map if it encounters the tags:
  - <form id="form1" runat="server">
  -  </form>

I want to create a new .Net project replacing all the Web ADF functions with Javascript, and the most important to reuse the ASP/VBnet code that runs fine and does not use calls to web ADF Libraries.

Commenting the <form> tag the maps shows correctly. 

<body class="soria">
<!--

<form id="form1" runat="server">

-->

<div id="mainWindow" dojotype="dijit.layout.BorderContainer" design="headline"
    gutters="false" style="width:100%; height:100%;">
      <div id="header" dojotype="dijit.layout.ContentPane"  class="roundedCorners" region="top">
        This is the header section
      </div>
      <div id="map" dojotype="dijit.layout.ContentPane" class="roundedCorners" region="center"></div>
      <div dojotype="dijit.layout.ContentPane" id="rightPane" class="roundedCorners" region="right"  splitter="true" >
        <button dojoType="dijit.form.Button"  onClick="toolBar.activate(esri.toolbars.Draw.EXTENT);">Select</button>
        <button dojoType="dijit.form.Button"  onClick="toolBar.deactivate();featureLayer.clearSelection();">Clear</button>
        <table dojotype="dojox.grid.DataGrid" jsid="grid" id="grid" style="width:100%;height:100%;" selectionMode="none"> 
         <thead> 
            <tr> 
              <th field="depth">Depth</th> 
              <th field="magnitude" width="100%">Magnitude</th> 
            </tr> 
          </thead> 
        </table>
      </div>
      <div id="footer" class="roundedCorners" dojotype="dijit.layout.ContentPane" region="bottom">
        This is the footer section
      </div> 
      </div>
<!--
    </form>
-->

Outcomes