Feature Service Symbology Access

08-13-2013 01:38 PM
PaulStephenson
Occasional Contributor III
This may not actually be an AGOL issue, but it is where I am running into it. So we have services running on ArcGIS Server, and would like to reuse them in ArcGIS Online so a) we are not using up extra server space or AGOL credits and b) so the data is still pointing to SQLEXPRESS via replication. I can bring in the service(s) to AGOL, set the pop-ups & editing cability, but not the symbology (Some symbols didn't transfer over properly, and some could use tweaking for mobile, etc). I'm wondering if there is a way to change these from my end/within, or for AGOL?

Thanks!

Paul
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor
Adding a layer from a feature service as an item in your ArcGIS Online Organization may not carry the symbology along with it. When adding these feature layers to a web map, you can specify symbology that will be applied and saved in the web map. The link below points to some useful information and related links on symbolizing feature layers when authoring a web map:

About working with layers:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/01w1/01w10000006v000000.htm
0 Kudos
PaulStephenson
Occasional Contributor III
In my case the symbols are carried with the services, but I cannot change them (the Change Layer Symbols option is not available)...
0 Kudos