Scalebar not printing

08-13-2013 05:32 AM
DK5
by
New Contributor III
I have seen the posts where the scalebar is not accurate in the print output, but I cannot even get to that point - my scalebar does not even show in the printed output.

I have tried it with PDF and JPG output.  I am not setting outSpatialReference, but have tried setting it to 102100 and still did not output.  I set height, width, dpi, preserveScale = true.

Is there another property that I have to set somewhere to get the scalebar to output?  I am using ESRI JS 3.5 with map server 10.1 with latest SP.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
my understanding is that the most essential requirement for scalebars in printouts is that the map document on the server being used as a layout template includes its own scalebar in the layout frame.

do you see a scalebar when you make a request for layout template "A3 Portrait" on our sample server?  I am positive that that template has a scalebar.
0 Kudos
JasonZou
Occasional Contributor III
I agree with John. What you need to do is to open the print templates in ArcMap and modify them the way you like, including adding the scalebar. The print templates are located under <arcgisserver folder>/templates folder on the arcgis server. Once you finish editing the templates and save them, the print tool should pick up the change.

Good luck!
0 Kudos