Social media template not working?

Jump to solution
08-06-2013 11:40 AM
ChrisTrice
New Contributor II
I have noticed the past two days that the social media web app doesn't seem to work?   I tried to create a new map and nothing works.  However, I am able to create maps using other templates using the same data.

Is anyone else having this same problem?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisTrice
New Contributor II
Thanks for getting back to me Ian.  I just figured out the problem.  I recently installed an add-on in Firefox called "Adblock Plus."  This seems to prevent the social media app from loading.  When the add on is disabled, everything works just fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor
I have noticed the past two days that the social media web app doesn't seem to work?   I tried to create a new map and nothing works.  However, I am able to create maps using other templates using the same data.

It is working for me.  Can you provide some additional details about what you are trying to accomplish?  What browser are you using? When you say the social media app doesn't work, what behavior are you experiencing (does the map load, but flickr/twitter feeds don't load, etc)?

Can you share the data or webmap, or perhaps describe any details about the data that you are working with?
0 Kudos
ChrisTrice
New Contributor II
Thanks for getting back to me Ian.  I just figured out the problem.  I recently installed an add-on in Firefox called "Adblock Plus."  This seems to prevent the social media app from loading.  When the add on is disabled, everything works just fine.
0 Kudos
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor
I"m glad to hear you were able to resolve the problem.
0 Kudos
alainecoulombe
New Contributor
You can send a mail to the facebook authorities or submit your issue in facebook forums. If it finds too tough, contact any social media agency to get more support on social profiles.
0 Kudos