pburg_gis

CA Signed SSL Installation with Web Adpater on IIS 7.5

Discussion created by pburg_gis on Aug 6, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 by stsnider
Greetings,

I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me with a question I had in regards to the installation of a CA signed SSL certificate using the web adapter running on IIS 7.5.  I have followed the instructions and the certificate works great when accessing my services at https://gisserver.domain.com:6443/arcgis/manager.  However my question comes into play when I try to use SSL with the web adapter using the following documentation .   My question is at "Step 5: Configure SSL on the ArcGIS Web Adaptor" Item number "1: Enable SSL on the web server hosting the Web Adaptor. For instructions, consult the product documentation specific to your web server".

How are you supposed to enable the HTTPS binding on IIS 7.5 if your SSL certificate is not on the webserver but integrated into the ArcGIS Server?  I try and enable the binding but I cannot without a certificate because I requested the certificate through the GIS Server.

Any help would be much appreciated, I have been struggling with the SSL for a while.

Thank you,

Ian

Outcomes