I want a "real" AGOL account. I'm running Desktop 10.2. How do I get one?

Jump to solution
08-02-2013 12:52 AM
MaryPetkovsek
New Contributor II
I've been told that an ArcGIS Online subscription is free with Desktop 10.2. I'm currently running a trial version of AGOL but would like a permanent version. How do I get one?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaryPetkovsek
New Contributor II
Everyone, our sales person told me that current subscribers will get letters in the next week or so with instructions for how to get an ArcGIS Online account and a code to use. Apparently it was supposed to be available with the release of 10.2 but was slightly delayed. So, I answered myself. Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MaryPetkovsek
New Contributor II
Everyone, our sales person told me that current subscribers will get letters in the next week or so with instructions for how to get an ArcGIS Online account and a code to use. Apparently it was supposed to be available with the release of 10.2 but was slightly delayed. So, I answered myself. Mary
0 Kudos
JasonSchwartz
New Contributor III

Mary,

I'm a Silver-level ESRI partner and we get the same "complimentary" AGOnline account that is available with 10.2 subscriptions.  However, that is described as a "level 1" subscription and may not provide all the expected functionality that you are looking for.

For example, I can not deploy an application based on a Web Map using the "Make a Web App" link within AGOnline.

Once I get more details on my subscription and capabilities/limitations, I will post an update to this thread....but don't hold your breath on "full functionality.":mad:

Jason
0 Kudos
MartinCopping
Esri Contributor
Mary,

I'm a Silver-level ESRI partner and we get the same "complimentary" AGOnline account that is available with 10.2 subscriptions.  However, that is described as a "level 1" subscription and may not provide all the expected functionality that you are looking for.

For example, I can not deploy an application based on a Web Map using the "Make a Web App" link within AGOnline.

Once I get more details on my subscription and capabilities/limitations, I will post an update to this thread....but don't hold your breath on "full functionality.":mad:

Jason

Jason,

Would you mind reaching out to myself or Monique Allen about your particular issue? We'd be happy to help you navigate what you you are entitled to as an Esri Business Partner around ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online.

Cheers,

Martin
Martin Copping
Product Manager, ArcGIS Online - Dashboards
0 Kudos