000210 error when using CopyFeatures tool in Arc Server 10.1

07-25-2013 08:42 AM
DerekWhitman
New Contributor
I have a python script that is trying to take a shape file and create a feature using the CopyFeatures tool. I am trying to run it through the command line. I have Arc Desktop 10.1 and Arc Server 10.1 both installed on my machine which is running Windows Server 2008R2. When I run the python script through the command line referencing the python.exe file installed by Arc Desktop 10.1 everything runs fine. When I run the python script through the command line referencing the python.exe file installed by Arc Server 10.1 it says, "ERROR 000210: Cannot create output C:\temp\data2.mdb\polylinesFtr Failed to execute <CopyFeatures>" where "C:\temp\data2.mdb\polylinesFtr" is the path that I am saving to. Notice it is inside of a personal database.

Is there some kind of setting I can change in Arc Server 10.1 to allow me to create files within a .mdb file location? Should I be doing something else?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulHickson
New Contributor III

Hi Derek I would change the dataout put to a GDb in the first instance unless you need it for ma access .

also as it is server make sure you have write access to the folder with your account eg publisher or admin server account

remember to reference your correct python exe in the command line

0 Kudos