(ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Desktop support for AutoCAD version 2013 Patch) for Server ?

07-21-2013 11:33 PM
JasonSu
New Contributor
This Patch (ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-CAD-Patch.msp) is useful for ArcMap,
But ArcGIS Server 10.1 can not use. When to publish patch for arcgis server ?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor
ArcGIS Server 10.0 was the last version of ArcGIS Server that allowed the publishing of file-based data sources like CAD to be served out.  The suggested workflow would be to convert the CAD file to one of the supported GIS data types before serving the data out.  This patch will now make that conversion workflow possible for AutoCAD 2013 format files (includes AutoCAD 2013-2015).
0 Kudos
MatthieuMureau
New Contributor
Hi, this patch is also usefull for reading DGN file where geometry including holes. Without this patch, a DGN with a hole in one of all geometries seems to be empty when reading by ArcGIS 10.1 Desktop.
I'm working with CAD file with a tool running on ArcGIS Server 10.1. It's the same problem on server, my script when reading my DGN v8 file with holes in surfaces return zero object.

The same script running on desktop with support for AutoCAD version 2013 patch works. And not works without this patch.

NIM085126 - MicroStation V8 DGN file displays incorrectly at 10.1, and many features do not convert to a geodatabase. Display and conversion of the data is correct at 10.0 SP4 and SP5.
If the same issue is fixed for server, I think my script could run there.

So, same question:
When to publish patch equivalent to ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-CAD-Patch.msp for arcgis server ?

Thank's.
0 Kudos