jvseagle-co-nz-esridist

Re-Hydrate the esri.IdentityManagerBase state

Discussion created by jvseagle-co-nz-esridist Employee on Jul 21, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2013 by jvseagle-co-nz-esridist
Hi,

Is it possible that the esri.IdentityManagerBase includes an update(id) function for allowing us to re-hydrate the state of the identity manager while the application is still running? The esri.id.initialize(id) can't be used for that. I am leveraging this class to provide better support for cross domain requests every time a proxy page is not provided and we are working with an ArcGIS for Server service.

In these situations the IdentityManagerBase.generateToken is unable of dealing with complex cross-domain requests.
I have built that support using other JS libraries than dojo but I cannot re-hydrate the state of the IdentityManagerBase after it initializes. This is absolutely required otherwise when the token validity expires I don't have any way of appropriately updating the existing credentials with a new one without being prompted for login (even though I have updated the credentials properly and on time). Note that if I cancel the dialog, the map is still working fine because, as I mentioned before, I have updated the credentials of each resource before they expired.

But since I am trying to inject pre-defined credentials at run-time I don't want that users are asked for credentials.

If there is a workaround for this, or it is already supported can you point me to the right direction?

Cheers,
Jose

Outcomes